Friday, November 19, 2010

It's Peanut Butter Shabbos Time!

Or PBST for short. For months now, perhaps as long as a year, as Shabbos nears, I've been reminding Jews around me that PBST approaches. Today, I was challenged to explain myself, as in, "Victor, once and for all, what the *bleep* is Peanut Butter Shabbos Time?!"

PBST has little or nothing to do with peanut butter, at least where I'm eating. It's a take on the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" song by the Buckwheat Boyz, which went hyper-viral a few years back thanks to an amateur animation that was posted online. A good friend of mine got into a habit of break dancing into this little tune, in the most inopportune moments, though I think that was the point. He succeeded in driving this annoyance deep into my subconscious, where it ruminated until it found expression in PBST. Here's is the original animation:



Peanut Butter Shabbos Time. Sing it!

On My Bookshelf